I regard organic lentils as an integral part of my dietary regime. It was not too long before that I started experiencing health problems, and my nutritionist suggested that these problems stemmed from the consumption of red meat. As some born and raised in Melbourne, I have always been big on the consumption of beef and steaks but, I have resorted to prioritizing my health over my meals, which is why I took the advice from my nutritionist, and I started indulging on the consumption of organic legume in Melbourne
. Ever since I started to purchase organic legume online, I have started noticing a substantial change in my health, and I feel active throughout the day. I also like to incorporate a healthy amount of organic lentils into the preparation of delectable and wholesome soup to benefit from the additional health benefits of the organic lentils.
I typically boil the lentils in a saucepan, cover it tightly with a lid, and reduce the stove’s heat to allow the lentils to cook until they are tender. If I am going for a simple and edible recipe, it generally takes me approximately 15-20 minutes to prepare a lentil meal. However, when cooking split red lentils
, I standby by the stove, and I allow the lentils to cook for 5-7 minutes. I like to season the lentils with salt and turmeric powder when I am done preparing my meal for the day. Additionally, I follow the given recipes to cook a lentil meal:
- 1 cup of split red lentils
- 3 cups of water
- 3 tbsp. of ghee
- 1 small diced onion
- 4 cloves of thinly sliced garlic cloves
- A small portion of peeled and sliced ginger
- Half teaspoons of kosher salt, ground cumin, ground turmeric, and ground coriander
- 1 bay leaf
- Diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- half teaspoon whole cumin seeds
- half teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 coarsely chopped garlic
Related Blog: Red Split Lentil Benefits
- I start the procedure by cooking the lentils. I clean the lentils with clean water, and I allow it to dry in a colander. I add 3 cups of water into 1 cup of lentils in a saucepan, and I allow the lentils to cook at a medium-high heat. Then, I reduce the heat slightly and allow the lentil to cook at a low temperature until it is tender.
- Next, I focus on preparing the spices required for the completion of the meal. I take a generous amount of ghee in a skillet, and I heat it thoroughly. Then, I add diced pieces of ginger, garlic, and onion, and allow it to cook until it is brown. Then, I add the remaining spices to the skillet, and I allow it cook for one minute.
- Next, I concentrate on making garnishing or the tadka for the recipe. I take a generous amount of ghee in a saucepan, and then, I add cumin and black pepper in it, and I simmer the ingredients for one minute. Once the spices in the saucepan stop spluttering, I take it off from heat, and add it to the prepared meal.
Organic lentils in Melbourne
are easy to find online or in-stores and I prefer purchasing them in bulk to save money and time in the long run. It has also allowed me to experiment with a number of ingredients and recipes that cater to the dietary needs of everyone in my family. I love preparing condiments using organic lentils, and it allows me to indulge in the fried food on occasional basis, without compromising my health. When purchasing organic legume online, I also like to order spices
and organic rice
which would work the best in accordance with the recipe of lentils. I always like to follow a simple and structured method to prepare lentils for my family and myself; however, I keep on experimenting with the ingredients to determine that what I could do next with the organic lentils.